Wednesday, January 28, 2009

seeing the stars

Okay, so things are definitely looking up since the last time I wrote.  Sorry if I worried anyone; it was just a bad day, which including reading all about the surgery I already had done to me on the internet--which totally freaked me out.  Since then, my body started feeling much better, I started a simple knitting project that involves very little looking but much sanity saving, and I've been getting back into the game a bit.  Every day someone's taken me out at least once to eat or even run errands, and I'm back to walking the kids to school.  I also got some photo albums, so I could finally start putting years worth of pictures into albums--a great doable project that keeps me from feeling idle.  

I was back to the doctor yesterday, who pushed on my eyeball again (ouch!) and got my pressure down from 19 to 4.  Nineteen is still pretty good, but his concern is that I'll heal too fast, so he keeps reopening the flap (ugh) to ensure it doesn't heal over.  I am actually seeing 20/15 in that eye with my glasses on (of course!), so my eye IS working really well, but because my eye is being kept dialated, that affects my vision.  It sounds like keeping my eye dialated is pretty important at this point, so I'm determined to settle in and get used to seeing this way, because it could be a while.  He said even when he has me stop the dialating drops, it will take 7-10 days to wear off, so I'm looking at being dialated for at least another few weeks.  

My mom is being super helpful, making meals, helping keep the girls' schedules, homework, and practicing afloat.  I think she'll be leaving within the week, though, so I'm trying to get used to going it alone again.  I think I will have to learn to change my priorities a bit--does laundry really need to be done yet? Hairballs floating across the hardwood?  What hairballs?  This will be good for me... 

Anyway, I'll keep in touch.  Thanks for being there!  :-) 

2 comments:

Snickollet said...

You're such an overachiever, healing too fast and seeing 20/15. Show-off :).

I'm glad you've found some projects to keep you from going crazy and that you're easing back into a semblance of normal.

Soley said...

Hair balls?...I'll show ya some hair balls! How 'bout a 90 lb. half Pyreneese dog and one very lazy owner. Yep, we got hair balls here!
SO glad you're doing better. Love you!!!