Saturday, January 24, 2009

I've fallen and I can't get up

So, things are certainly better than they were, but I just need to say that this still really sucks.  I still can't see super well, I can't drive, lift anything, bend down, knit, or read.  I'm feeling like a caged animal.  Sorry to vent, but I've kind of hit a wall today and am feeling depressed about it all.  I know I am lucky to still have my sight at all, but the outlook of going to the dr for visits every couple of days, possibly having to repeat the surgery some day in the same eye or the other one, probably not being able to wear contacts ever again, and still being nervous about this recovery is a lot to take in.  Before today, I was very much just focused on getting the pressure down in that eye.  Now, I'm looking ahead to the future, possibly having to alter my life more than I am ready to.  

Or maybe not.  Maybe things will be better than I'm thinking right now. 

5 comments:

Snickollet said...

I'm so sorry. This is a lot to take in and mull over. What's the recovery timeline? Is the pressure supposed to eventually stay lower w/o the frequent Dr. visits? When can you bend over and lift stuff?

You don't have to answer these questions, of course. Just know that I continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Mikaron said...

I'm sorry, K. Walls (grrrrrrr). Thank you for making the effort to write and share. Hang in there, breathe, and... I wish I had some other good piece of wisdom. Breathe. Love - m

Soley said...

Hang in there. Remember when you had your back surgery...it takes a long time...and it feels so much longer at the time, but things will sort out.
I totally understand how you're feeling...I still struggle with my back surgery recovery over a year later and I agree, it's the looking into the future that is the hardest part.
Just keep taking it one day at a time, and try not to think about the 'future' too much...it will be what it will be, and you'll be OK!! I love you bunches! S.

Unknown said...

Vent away change sucks but you will get through it. One day at a time you'll get through it. Glasses are cooler anyway : ) As someone who had never been able to get the hang of contacts. I really hope things stabilize for you soon. Look up Edward Kahn if you have the time/energy so cool...

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking about you every day! Sending hugs your way~ Jara et al