Friday, February 1, 2008

out they come

Grace has to get her tonsils out. Monday, Feb. 11th. I'm scared silly; she's giddy about getting to eat popsicles, watch movies, and miss school. I also think she's excited to not have her throat hurt. She's had pretty much a constant throat infection for months now, and even when she doesn't, her tonsils are super enlarged and swollen.

This is a picture Grace drew of her surgery. That's the doctor standing with rather gigantic tonsils in each hand, and her in bed with her mouth open.

Again, I'm scared sick.

Also of note, we just got our second snow storm of the week--each bringing in at least ten more inches of snow. We've got crazy tons of snow. Like feet and feet. It's gorgeous. Also, I took the girls rock climbing at a rock climbing gym downtown yesterday afternoon with some friends from school. Both girls did really, really well--and were still my cautious girls, but impressed me with their bravery. Pictures of both the snow and the rock climbing coming soon.

2 comments:

Soley said...

Oh Grace!! Oh Karyn!!
I LOVE the picture. We're sure the surgery will be a piece of cake and Grace will be on the mend, without those gigantic tonsels hurting her throat, soon!
We'll be thinking about you guys!
S.

Snickollet said...

Awesome picture.

I will be thinking of Grace on the 11th . . . my first day at my new job!