Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grace!


How can she be SIX?! What a beautiful girl. I don't care how old she is, I still see the little baby in her. I hope I always do. The first moments knowing Grace were truly magical: she was an old soul at the beginning, looking at me with wise eyes, like she knew all the answers already. Parenting her continues to be trying to know the person she already is and helping her find her strength, bravery, and patience. Grace humbles and amazes me everyday. Thank you, Grace, for teaching me so much and for being so true to yourself. I learn so much from you.

All Grace asked for from us was a guitar, which we happily picked out for her. She idolizes Brandi Carlisle, which I think is pretty darn cool. I picture this on her album cover some day:

Grace with the BEAUTIFUL cake Oma made for her (thanks, Oma!!):

1 comment:

Snickollet said...

Looks like Grace had a very happy birthday indeed.