Monday, March 31, 2008

Catch Up

I've had lots of pictures to post from our wonderful trip to Colorado a couple of weeks ago...  I've finally started putting some on here, and will continue either tonight or tomorrow, so keep checking back!

Thanks to everyone who left kind words on my blog.  My friend continues to be amazingly strong.  The funeral is tomorrow.  I've been able to help very little, since she is flooded with family and church help.  I'm preparing to fill in whenever she needs me.  Right now, we're taking over breakfast goodies and peanut butter cookies (since her church has completely covered dinners for now) for them to find when they get back from tonight's viewing.  I only wish I could do more.  

Adam comes home in two days.  We're all very excited to have him back home.  He's been gone since last Monday to NYC, Connecticut, and now Baltimore for two conferences, etc., etc...  I feel so, so lucky to have a husband to look forward to having back home with us, believe me.  

2 comments:

Snickollet said...

Give it four months or so, and then your friend will really, really need you. After a few months, that initial wave of support tends to die down--not that people stop caring, but your friend's life will start to get some kind of self-sufficient rhythm back, and things will seem "normal" and people will pull back. At least that was my experience. And you will be there, waiting to step in for your friend.

Give Adam an extra-long hug. Like I need to tell you to do that :).

Andrea said...

We've kind of held back from offering help, because I had a feeling they'd be overwhelmed with help from the church at the very least -- having grown up around here, that's definitely one thing I really admire about the church, the way they take care of their own. (I sometimes wish they'd take such good care of folks who weren't their own, but that's a gross generalization -- some really do, some don't. Oh well, topic for another day.)

I've kind of figured that we could be around to help after the initial wave of support subsides - since we're just right there across the street.

We'll be at the funeral today, so I imagine we'll see you there.