Saturday, September 22, 2007

Runnin'


Well, so far so NOT good with this whole blog thing. I actually have lots going on that may be interesting to you, but I seem to find it easier to get myself on here when I have pictures to post, so here I finally am. I've actually just finished three really great photo shoots in the past two weeks, too, so I may just have to put some of those pictures on here in a bit. For now, though, here are some pictures of Grace's soccer game today: the "Rainbows" (G's team) against the "Princess Care Bears." The names of these teams completely crack me up. I have yet to experience something quite as endearing as U6 girls soccer. As you can hopefully see in these pictures, Grace can totally kick the ball. She really is quite good. At this point, though, she has yet to get into the action of the games. It'll just take some getting used to until she feels brave enough to really get into the thick of things. And, with Grace, I've come to trust that she'll get there. And be stellar. In her own time.




In other news, this week has been busy with Anna starting violin lessons (which is TERRIFIC and she absolutely loves it), me helping in the girls' classes three days this week (don't know what happened; that needs to change!), me finishing two photo shoots and shooting another one (yippee!), I had a Brownie leader meeting, Grace had a field trip to Weber State (her alma matar) and did some track and field there, I worked at NPJ and am even going to start teaching knitting classes this fall, I knit a CUTE baby sweater for a model for the shop, both girls are loving their dance classes, and Adam left on Friday morning for his big Crossroads conference in Massachussetts. We'll miss him, since he'll be gone until late Wednesday night (hi hun!!). Suddenly we have found ourselves very busy, doing lots of different things. I don't like it. We all love everything we're doing, but added all together it's a lot. And, we're about to add Brownies... I'll keep you posted on how things work out and if we figure out how to simplify it all. But, we are all happy and healthy.

Today has been a beautifully mellow day: after the soccer game, we went to the bookstore and then came home and I got to listen to the girls play in their room together--a sound I miss hearing when we're running every which way and that. Now the girls are watching "Cars" in the basement where I'll join them in a few minutes with a freshly baked frozen pizza. Ahhh, life is good! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great running and kicking Grace! I loved the pictures. Things are going well here so far at my conference, and tomorrow I give my talk right after breakfast. I'll call and tell you all about it later.
Love,
Daddy