Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Here's hoping everyone had a wonderful day! We had a great, great day.  Yesterday, it started snowing at about 3:30pm--and didn't stop all night.  We already had a lot of snow on the ground, but we woke up to at least eight more inches (I think).  It was a gloriously beautiful day: fresh snow and bright blue skies.  It was one of the prettiest days ever.  Adam went on a hike with the pup, and my mom and I went on a nice walk in the afternoon.  The girls stayed in their jams most of the day (well, I'll be honest: Grace was in her jams ALL day!), so they didn't ever play in the snow.  But, we're supposed to get even more over the next few days, so they'll have more opportunities, I'm sure.  

The girls were officially spoiled by Santa and by all of our wonderful family and friends.  Thank you everyone!!!  We got lots and lots of games this year, so that kept us busy most of the rest of the day.  It was a really wonderful day all together finished off by a yummy ham dinner. :-)

Sadly, my mom leaves tomorrow morning.  We've had a wonderful visit with her: lots of baking cookies and Linzer Torte, playing games, the girls got to go to a movie with her, sledding, movies in the basement, and reading "Little House."  We will all miss you!!

On Thursday afternoon, Adam's parents come for a visit for Christmas #2.  Should be another wonderful day--but this time topped off with a Bowl Game (to watch Poppy's favorite team: the OSU Beavers!).  

Christmas Eve was also terrific, beginning with dropping off Christmas presents to a family our block sponsored for Christmas.  It's amazing to me how generous people are.  My neighbor and I ended up dropping off two carloads worth of presents and food (including the fixings for a whole Christmas dinner) to a single mom with five kids.  This is an annual tradition on my street, and I was thrilled and honored to be such a big part of it this year.  It truly helped me--and my whole family, I'm sure--recognize and appreciate how very lucky we are.

Christmas Eve ended with the girls' pageant at our church: Anna was an acolyte and a reader, and Grace was an angel.  They were adorable, the church was beautiful, the music wonderful, the service just right.  Again: very, very lucky.  

Again, I hope everyone had a very happy day.  

Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Soley said...

Merry Christmas!!
We're waiting for our snow...it's supposed to come tonight.
Talk to you soon....LOVE the yarn and bag!

Snickollet said...

Sounds great! I'm glad you guys had such a lovely holiday. I'll e-mail a real message soon, I promise.

Snickollet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snickollet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.